What other games do you enjoy playing?

The putnonpain

this question is for the 35+ members only. You kids wouldnt know what Im talking about.

Anyone ever play those old Kings Quests games back in the day on the PC and The Police Quest games.

Think the company was Sierra, from northern Cali. 

My wife and I would play those games all day and night. 

I never played King's Quest as I was never much a fan of fantasy, but I owned and played most of the Police Quest and SWAT games from Sierra.  I was really into that sort of thing at the time, and would love to see it revived in a revamped online multi-player setting.

I also used to play the SimCity games religiously, but I haven't played them since SimCity 4 was released.

I've been playing MLB The Show since 2011, but I haven't picked up the new one yet.  I haven't ever played them online, but I used to get really involved with the personal franchise mode.

I wish I had more time to play other games, but I'm pretty content with GTA online.  I'm quite picky these days when it comes to games--like I said, never have been a fan of most fantasy, so RPG games like Final Fantasy end up boring me to tears and confusing the hell out of me.  I do like zombies however, and I played the first Walking Dead game on PS3.  If only they made a GTA style Walking Dead game--that would be incredible!

When I was younger, I played a bit of everything, and frequently hung out in the arcade.  I miss those days, but I too feel that if I played other games I would never get any real life work accomplished.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielle

• newyork-nightmare

• Smurf

• Moorjc

I'm a veteran of the FIFA, GTA, Gran Turismo, F1, Fight Night and Football Manager (PC) series.

Racing and football are my passions when it comes to gaming.

I like some shooters such as Battlefield 3 - I'm not good at it but I enjoy the war situation, it's quite thrilling.

All have been redundant since GTA 5.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi and similar games do nothing for me.

Pretty much GTA Online only right now on PS3 - I recently gave up FIFA, maybe will try PES for next year.

Been playing Simpsons Tapped Out on the kindle

Fifa, Formula 1, Call of Duty, Red Alert 3, and Colin Mcrea Dirt 2. Forgot about all those games with GTA V!

The rally (vehicle handling) on Colin Mcrea is simply awesome although F1 stays the proper racing game to me.

And upgraded my phone from an old Nokia to 1 step up (no touchscreens or fancy stuff still though) so I've been playing tetris a whole lot lately. When smoking outside....

Fifa, Formula 1, Call of Duty, Red Alert 3, and Colin Mcrea Dirt 2. Forgot about all those games with GTA V!

The rally (vehicle handling) on Colin Mcrea is simply awesome although F1 stays the proper racing game to me.

And upgraded my phone from an old Nokia to 1 step up (no touchscreens or fancy stuff still though) so I've been playing tetris a whole lot lately. When smoking outside....

F1 is the best racing game of them all, fact  :)

wish I had my old Nintendo hooked up. Been itching to play Contra again. Those old Konami games always rocked it 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Old games rule indeed, instead of buying a PS4 i went for a snes. Next one will be the good old NES, can't wait to play Duckhunt again!

Edit: Actually found myself in the wrong topic but went on-topic anyways. Sorry!

Edited by Valkenburger

remember that other game with the gun. shooting gallery..  had to shoot the bad guys and not the cops

Edited by newyork-nightmare

newyorknightmar3.jpg

remember that other game with the gun. shooting gallery..  had to shoot the bad guys and not the cops

I don't think I ever played that one.  However, I do remember playing a lot of Lethal Enforcers, and it had kind of the same set-up in certain regards--there were cops and pedestrian targets that would pop up, and you had to avoid shooting them.

think it might have been a side game in duck hunt.  Im having a brain fart. I have to look it up

Hogan's Alley, gotta love google

this-old-game-hogans-alley-2010011111354

• Like 1

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my son plays far cry, seems pretty cool. 

• Like 1

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I'm really into the idea of "open world" games such as the Grand Theft Auto series, but such a great example of an open world atmosphere I found, would be something like World of Warcraft or the Elder Scrolls series, those are generally the type of games that I really enjoy.

Other games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, I find fun but they tend to get super repetitive, super fast, so I'm not that entertained for that long. The fact that you don't like COD is a tragedy though, I think it's far better than Battlefield or even games like Halo, which I just don't see any appeal for.

Madden and the Uncharted series but those have been collecting dust since GTA online

good ol uncharted. I used to play uncharted 2 online a lot but then is started to slowly die

good ol uncharted. I used to play uncharted 2 online a lot but then is started to slowly die

Yeah I noticed a lot of online ones died down once gta v and cod ghosts dominated

• 2 weeks later...

wish I had my old Nintendo hooked up. Been itching to play Contra again. Those old Konami games always rocked it 

Funny story, I had a roomate back in the day (2004-ish) when I was living in OKC and still in the military, and when he left the military he needed a place to live until he could go back to his home state. He left behind a bunch of stuff, including an NES with a shoebox full of games...included Contra, Zelda, many other really popular ones that I am forgetting.

My immediate reaction was:    AWESOME!!!!!

I frantically hooked the NES up to my 52-inch 1080p TV and started playing immediately......after about 20 minutes I was utterly disappointed. Those games really suck now. you cant get back that child's eye you had when you played them back then. It's like getting on the slide at the local park playground you used to play on when you were 4 or 5, but now you are a teenager. It just sucks.

I refused to accept my disappointment though and kept on playing the games and trying to convince myself that i was enjoying them for a couple of weeks, but afterwards I just had to let it go.

New games just blow them away in every aspect.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Funny story, I had a roomate back in the day (2004-ish) when I was living in OKC and still in the military, and when he left the military he needed a place to live until he could go back to his home state. He left behind a bunch of stuff, including an NES with a shoebox full of games...included Contra, Zelda, many other really popular ones that I am forgetting.

My immediate reaction was: AWESOME!!!!!

I frantically hooked the NES up to my 52-inch 1080p TV and started playing immediately......after about 20 minutes I was utterly disappointed. Those games really suck now. you cant get back that child's eye you had when you played them back then. It's like getting on the slide at the local park playground you used to play on when you were 4 or 5, but now you are a teenager. It just sucks.

I refused to accept my disappointment though and kept on playing the games and trying to convince myself that i was enjoying them for a couple of weeks, but afterwards I just had to let it go.

New games just blow them away in every aspect.

I agree...Once I get used to higher resolution I cannot go back...I am a graphics whore...

I played IV until 9.16.13 and love the game but will most likely never go back.

Edited by bullittblitz

Played most of Sierra's games back in the day, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Space Quest, Lucas Arts adventures such as Curse of Monkey Island or Indiana Jones, been a fan of Civiliaztion since the first one, tried most of the Need for Speed series, even played NBA/FIFA/NHL... series up to around 2000, loved Age of Empires, then there were all the countless SIM titles (from Simcity to Simfarm) and I'm sure I've forgotten few. All on PC, can't really remmeber the C64 titles anymore. Ahh, good old times, when time didnt fly by so fast.