This thing called "racing"

newyork-nightmare

Well I dont think I'm in the "you know who you are class", but I'm no Rev, or DC89 either. So I think I fall into class 2.

Dodgeservice.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newyork-nightmare

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

• rumdig

I would be class 3. Always in the back.

Dodge, I would say you would go class 1, I've seen you make those guys earn it.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

i think i fit into my own unique class of "audience" LOL

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I would be class 3. Always in the back.

Dodge, I would say you would go class 1, I've seen you make those guys earn it.

I appreciate the kind words, maybe a good Class 2. Making them earn the win is different than beating them for it.

Dodgeservice.png

I appreciate the kind words,

Don't expect it often :P

Dick

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'll claim a lower class 2...somewhere near the "F" section, preferably

Rum, I feel you are much more adept at racing than I am.  I'd put you very close to that Rev and DC class.

I'm probably lower class two myself.

Rum, I feel you are much more adept at racing than I am. I'd put you very close to that Rev and DC class.

I'm probably lower class two myself.

I've seen you run very well...often. I wouldn't negate your skills below mine.

I think, for me personally, that I have good nights of playing, not necessarily good races. There are days that I'm spot on, and many more in which my bumper is magically attracted to EVERYTHING.

My race stats have remained virtually unchanged since I started playing, winning 1/3 of my total races.

• Like 1

Here's my racing tip ;) Power and grip go hand in hand. you can use your power to get around corners (providing you slowed down enough in the 1st place) but obviously too much power & you lose grip. This is even more true in front wheel drives. :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Rum.  Well, I think when I first joined the crew, I was definitely in class 3, but I believe I have made some improvements.  I know what you mean though; there are also days when I do well, and others when I'm DNFing every other race.  I honestly don't mind when it happens--racing is now probably my favorite element of the game, and I just enjoy the overall experience--whether I finish or not.

On another note though, I used to think of myself as being ok at TDM, but I have seen a serious decline there.  Unlike when I lose at racing, it actually frustrates me in a sense.  Oh well, practice is good, and like I've said, I feel like I've learned a lot from my fellow crew members.

Rev, solid tips as always--you've actually taught me a lot during our races, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

• Like 3

When I get home from work today I'm going to study this thread. I NEVER accept race invites cos I'm so pants at racing and it annoys me how useless I am. I must improve, I must improve, I must improve ( self hypnosis ) !! :-)

• Like 1

Just going slower around the track missing obstacles in the way and slowly improving your times is the way to get better. Don't try to race the people race the track. Remember there a lot of times slower is faster.

• Like 5

Just going slower around the track missing obstacles in the way and slowly improving your times is the way to get better. Don't try to race the people race the track. Remember there a lot of times slower is faster.

+1.

Have been enjoying reading the back posts on this thread but didn't see any advice on vehicle choice.

As we'll all have seen there's plenty on the web about "the best in class" vehicles and tonnes of info on stats etc but as someone mentioned previously it massively depends on your driving style.

As a new player I was constantly looking at what the race winner was driving and testing those cars out gave me a really good idea of the handling of each car and how it suited my specific style.

Characteristics that I like in a car are: 

Able to deal with changes in elevation

Solid acceleration

Good weight transfer

Recoverable (If the back steps out on a corner)

A good racer will be able to take on all comers in a vehicle their comfortable in, have you nailed the ones you like in each class yet Nightmare?

David.

I think, for me personally, that I have good nights of playing, not necessarily good races. There are days that I'm spot on, and many more in which my bumper is magically attracted to EVERYTHING.

My race stats have remained virtually unchanged since I started playing, winning 1/3 of my total races.

Im also around 30%-35%.

Dodgeservice.png

Im also around 30%-35%.

I win about 56 % (55,74 % to be exact) of all the races I enter, reached my 400 win today!

desuno1.jpg

I suppose we can't all have Desuno's stats...that hacker! Haha

Lol :P

If you wanna be sure to beat me set the class to muscle or sports classics, those I can't handle for shit. Might get lucky with a muscle car from time to time, but that's about it!

Seems like I'm on fire today though, 25 races and 21 wins ^^

Edited by desuno1
  • Like 1

desuno1.jpg

Lol :P

If you wanna be sure to beat me set the class to muscle or sports classics, those I can't handle for shit. Might get lucky with a muscle car from time to time, but that's about it!

Seems like I'm on fire today though, 25 races and 21 wins ^^

I would have 21/25 wins too if I raced pedro. :P