So what did you buy today, and how much did you blow? Pics!

handcuff_charlie

Have now added Huntley to the garage as well as a Miura.

Consideration now going to a muscle or two and a bike. Akuma seems to be the front runner far as the bikes are concerned.

Of course I have't forgotten the Stinger but do I go open or gt as in the traditional sense of the gto 250.

Akuma is fantastic. Good call on the Monroe :P.

I'll be getting myself the GT as a cruiser.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handcuff_charlie

• Pb76

• G37

• DavidCore89

The only think I bought was the really expensive apartment -- not sure what to fill it with yet. It would have been nice if it had access to a roof heli-parking...

Yeah I was actually under the assumption when I bought my Buzzard long ago during the free money days that when I called Pegasus it would spawn up on my roof (not thinking about how I would get up there), so I was surprised to see it halfway across the map.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Akuma or Bati 800

Double-T

As fast as an Akuma, but far better for riding wheelies in free mode, if you like to ride wheelies my record is something like 2100 or 2300 feet, and doesnt sound like a weedeater like the Bati does. Has more of a V-twin sound, might even be the exact same audio as the Akuma tbh.

I have had all 3 and still have the Akuma and Double-T, but the Double-T is definitely my favorite. I really just like the Akuma because you can chrome the frame. I dont find that it is any better for winning races than the double-T.

Raced them both extensively.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Consideration now going to a muscle or two and a bike. Akuma seems to be the front runner far as the bikes are concerned.

Of course I have't forgotten the Stinger but do I go open or gt as in the traditional sense of the gto 250.

I love the coupe, has the iconic body shape plus the engine rendering under the rear glass is really cool looking

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Get both of them. Like me. I use the GT for racing and the cabrio for cruising around.

I got the GT. It's quite a layout for both. Not saying I wont. I was already considering it. Very ostentatious though. I know it's a stupid question but does the roof work on the cabrio ? Just wondered why they have an open version as well, unless of course the roof is permanent on the cabrio.

That's what I like about the coupe as well Charlie. It's an automotive classic. Pure and simple. I read what you said about the double-T so will have to  look into that though me and bikes ends in disaster so I guess the more souped up the bigger the calamity lol.

Yeah G37 I had my eye on the Monroe for a good while. 

Finally have all the supercars in the game. Was a target when I bought the game and thanks to the challenges I could finally buy all! Need 2 more supercars to completely fill my garage though... There's only 8 that look like supercars anyways :P

Also bought a tank and all racing cars you guys have been using.

Garage.jpg

• Like 1

Finally have all the supercars in the game. Was a target when I bought the game and thanks to the challenges I could finally buy all! Need 2 more supercars to completely fill my garage though... There's only 8 that look like supercars anyways :P

Also bought a tank and all racing cars you guys have been using.

Garage.jpg

Wow, that's crazy all the supercars? what's next on your wishing list?

Wow, that's crazy all the supercars? what's next on your wishing list?

Nothing really... I could customize them all but since I won't drive most of them anyways I don't really care. Just wanted those cars in my garage for the looks, wanted to do this since GTA IV really. Just wished for a bigger garage, still do! In GTA VI I'll have to do the same with more cars now :)

So next on my wishlist is: Finding out how those bloody leaderboards work point-wise on contact missions. Could use some help but I'll put my question for you guys right here to stay somewhat on-topic here:

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/880-leading-the-non-race-leaderboards/?hl=%2Bleading+%2Bthe+%2B%28non-race%29+%2Bleaderboards.

Alright. I said this would be coming for a long time so here we go. These are essentially all the new things I've purchased. I'm leaving out the Sanchez because that's not picture worthy IMO. I cannot remember the names of the wheel choices so I couldn't include those. 

Note: Classic colors are interesting, they're essentially the base coat in the Metallic category with NO pearlescent. It's cheaper than say doing Black Metallic + Black Pearlescent. It's the deepest color you can get.

Part 1.

Alpha - Wanted this again for a long time, it's an incredibly smooth and powerful vehicle despite being so big. Can definitely hold its' own in a race too.

Classic Black + Chrome

0_0.jpg

Huntley S - Absolutely dominates the segment and is a real blast to drive. Love how it looks too.

Classic Black

0_0.jpg

Banshee - Wanted this again for a long time, so much fun to toss around.

Dark Blue Metallic + Ultra Blue Pearlescent + Frost White Secondary (if I could trademark this blue, I would :P)

0_0.jpg

Schafter - I needed a sedan again and this was my go to vehicle for the races of this segment.

Dark Blue Metallic + Ultra Blue Pearlescent

0_0.jpg

Sabre Turbo - Been a fan of this car since GTA IV. A true muscle car IMO.

Classic Black

0_0.jpg

Phoenix - This is quite uncommon but quite the looker. Incredibly loose in the rear but a lot of fun.

Dark Blue Metallic + Ultra Blue Pearlescent + Frost White Secondary.

0_0.jpg

Sultan - Always a favorite to throw around corners and take to the dirt. Had to acquire again not only for me, but for crew shenanigans.

Dark Blue Metallic + Ultra Blue Pearlescent

0_0.jpg

Guess I really did have too many lol.

Next batch coming soon.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Part 2.

Massacro - I love this car, a bit stiff but an absolute hoot. Inspiration of course was the AM Vanquish, R* even has a clone set of rims for this car - like they do with the R35 GT-R.

Racing Blue Metallic + Ultra Blue Pearlescent (felt Ultra Blue Metallic was too strong, too candy like in color)

0_0.jpg

Stinger GT - Wanted this bad boy for a long time, pricey and if given 1 choice for a Classic this would not be it but holy hell it's a lot of fun and sounds good.

Cabernet Red Metallic + Torino Red

0_0.jpg

Zentorno - Last but not least, this is the new king in the segment. Ugly as sin but necessary and fills out my Pegassi collection nicely (don't have the Vacca, Faggio or either Bati).

Grace Red Metallic + Torino Red Pearlescent

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Like 3

I might buy a jet tonight.. Im done with cars for awhile 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I bought a new apt in the same building I was already in and a garage full of cars.

- 4 Integrity way, Apt 28 $476

- Zentorno $725k

- Huntly S $195k

- Turismo R $500k SOLD

- Cheetah $650k SOLD

- Adder $1M SOLD

- Infernus $440k (still stock)

- Banshee Topless $126k SOLD

- Comet 100k SOLD

so 4.1M-ish? plus another 1M for some car upgrades

haha so I went a little crazy buying cars the first day and sold most of them.  Here's what I kept and what else I picked up.

I also bought a felon gt or something, but it's a POS and not photo worthy.

Zentorno

0_0.jpg

Huntly S

0_0.jpg

Massacro

0_0.jpg

Monroe

0_0.jpg

Phoenix

0_0.jpg

Emperor

0_0.jpg

Peyote

0_0.jpg

• Like 3

trying to fit in that car with that huge hat on? looks kinda awkward. lol 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

trying to fit in that car with that huge hat on? looks kinda awkward. lol

The hat has a complex series of motors within it, reducing its height by 8 inches at the touch of a button.

• Like 3

Oo. I had a clean Manana for a while. Quite the uncommon car, I always mistake the Emperor for this when driving quickly by.

If I see one HC, better turn on those PSN messages ;)

(This is what we're talking about right? I've never seen a rusty Manana lol)

Edited by G37

I bought all the new crap and spent around 5 million, but this is my favorite.

post-173-0-76139600-1400777162_thumb.jpg

Here it is after a couple wrong turns.

post-173-0-46816100-1400777226_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Oo. I had a clean Manana for a while. Quite the uncommon car, I always mistake the Emperor for this when driving quickly by.

If I see one HC, better turn on those PSN messages ;)

(This is what we're talking about right? I've never seen a rusty Manana lol)

I already have a Manana. Cant remember if I stole it or bought it.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new murdered out voltic for creeping.  And my last rebel..  the paint isn't final yet, I like the blue but not the red pearl.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Total cost of both is about 500k.  Fully upgraded.  Thanks to Hannibal for grinding with me last night for 32 coveted missions.

Edit:

And some comments about the voltic... the top speed sucks, but the acceleration is nuts.  Possibly best?  I'd have to drag someone to know.  100% silent too.  Overall worth it, though I wish it was classified as sports and not super, but oh well.

Edited by plaerzen