The Future of XDBX - PS3/PS4 Discussions

V17

PS4 GTAV already preordered

PS4 console will be in house in 3-4 weeks

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• JustHatched

• Danielle

• Jaggy

I'll be one of the last to switch over to ps4 & gta5 (I'm waiting until I'm forced into buying one. i.e. ps3 breaks, no more ps3 updates etc)

i'm with hannabis, i just got my ps3 like a year ago so i'm not ready to switch any time soon, i was getting ps2 when ps3 came out lol. had to get a ps3 when ps2 games starting getting scarce like ps1 did, pretty soon ps3 games will only be found at yardsales, that's when i'd switch

I have to wait and see how the PC version pans out. Truth is, I am not a console type of guy. I absolutely struggle with the controller. I only bought my PS3 to play Call of Duty. But when I couldn't get comfortable with the controller, it went back into the box and sat in my closet for a couple years. I only recently brought it out for GTAV, and mostly because it recreates Los Angeles, where I live.

If the PC version gets ruined by hackers and modders (I'm expecting much worse than what we see now) I may consider getting a PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

No ps4 for me. Because i dont have money for that and im trying to save money for driving license. That is more expensive than a console damn!

I will get a ps4 one day. There's not enough next gen exclusive games out yet to persuade me into buying a new console. As for gta 5 on ps4, they better make some juristic changes for it to be worth it. If I had a ps4 I would wait until I had seen some reviews or game play footage before buying.

• Like 1

I will get a ps4 one day. There's not enough next gen exclusive games out yet to persuade me into buying a new console. As for gta 5 on ps4, they better make some juristic changes for it to be worth it. If I had a ps4 I would wait until I had seen some reviews or game play footage before buying.

Goes without saying. I'm hoping for larger free roam lobbies (32, 64?), but I'm expecting for the ridiculously short rendering capacity to get a huge boost by the large leap in hardware specs. Possibly resulting in wildlife being included in online play, more traffic, actually being able to see targets with the sniper scope that are more than 3 blocks away...etc

But I'm not buying until I see evidence of major performance improvements. Fool me once....

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Goes without saying. I'm hoping for larger free roam lobbies (32, 64?), but I'm expecting for the ridiculously short rendering capacity to get a huge boost by the large leap in hardware specs. Possibly resulting in wildlife being included in online play, more traffic, actually being able to see targets with the sniper scope that are more than 3 blocks away...etc

But I'm not buying until I see evidence of major performance improvements. Fool me once....

It really bothers me that we can't see 2 blocks away with a sniper rifle with an advanced scope. Seriously I wonder if there is even a difference at all!!

one ps4 already in the house, by xmas there will be three. 

Im sure I will get the game if most of you fine people do the same. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I will be a ps3 guy for awhile. Probably one of the last to make the switch.

Same with me. I can't afford to drop money on a new game console and GTAV. I'll be on PS3 for a while.

i_like_ships.jpg

_____Puff...Puff_____

Will the next gen graphics hold up while online?  I feel like I already run into resolution problems on PS3, buildings and streets trying to res as I'm driving... and I have very good internet connection/speed.

I have wondered the same thing, I already have res problems on PS3 and also have the highest speed internet.  Any thoughts or info on this topic?  Will they download more game info to the hard drive for PS4?

The spec of the PS4 will only bring us all a far better gaming experience.

It will be more than capable of holding up to a good quality.

Bear in mind that the PS3 is almost 9 years old, look at the games that were produced back then - pretty basic compared to now.

The PS3 is finished, as newer games require more from the console to run smoothly - naturally the PS3 will struggle more.

Edited by DavidCore89

I'm still on the fence about the move from PS3 to PS4.  Like Dublin, I'm concerned that bumping up the resolution, allowing more players per online session and increasing traffic density is just going to make the PS4 environment as laggy as the PS3 currently is. 

Anybody know how many USB ports are on the PS4? 

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I'm still on the fence about the move from PS3 to PS4.  Like Dublin, I'm concerned that bumping up the resolution, allowing more players per online session and increasing traffic density is just going to make the PS4 environment as laggy as the PS3 currently is. 

Anybody know how many USB ports are on the PS4? 

2 USB 3.0.

PS4 has 16 times the RAM of the PS3.... 16 times.

Edited by DavidCore89

University is kicking my ass, I won't see a PS4 in my life until end of winter or summer (god no, plz). So every now and then you will see me lurking on ps3.

Unless Ubi release The Division... I'll have no choice.

2x USB ports.  Waaagh.  I need at least 3, dammit.  Controller, headset and keyboard.

Well at 16 times the RAM, maybe the console will be good to go.  Now I'm wondering if it's their servers that are struggling to keep up then.  I do know that I am tired of their support monkeys blaming it on my cache.  Look, I didn't see these problems after 1.14 or 1.15.  So...what does that tell you?  Yeesh.

pr0fane0ne.jpg

I'd also expect to see a refreshed PS4 this holiday season. At least in appearance and potentially a slightly modified design that's either hopefully sleeker or weighs a bit less. Maybe both.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Hi their, 

until i win the jackpot or a ps4, i will stay with my old good ps3 !

For the guys that are mostly interested on the graphics - the released pictures and video are taken from the story mode for sure, otherwise the R* servers would get crazy :)

I am with the ones who will take a while to switch to PS4. PS3 is doing just fine and I think it is a bit early to make the change. Either way, I am sticking with PS. No sexBox or PC. :)

• Like 1