v1.17 notes

DeaD_GooN

I'm certainly not going to be sitting at the start of a playlist messaging people telling them to put on or take off a helmet, 100% up to them.

If someone is wearing one I'll be putting one on.

Yip, I concur

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G37

• handcuff_charlie

• Jaggy

• DavidCore89

Love the 10K betting limit.

I will love it if I am on the winning side, hate it if I am on the losing side. lol

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I will love it if I am on the winning side, hate it if I am on the losing side. lol

:lol:.

Me too, last time 10K betting was allowed for an event weekend I won 50K in a single bet from betting on Dodge on his own track in a PL.

:D

Edited by DavidCore89

All it means is I'll be getting more than $1000 for when DC wins a race!

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

You're definitely right. I've never thought of myself as the strongest DM player, but I do enjoy playing them and have learned some helpful tricks along the way and other than using body armor supplied in the match I've never bothered to try any tricks such as using the racing helmet. The helmet thing will definitely have to be an all or nothing thing based on the rules put forth by whoever is organizing the match. I'd prefer not to use them at all and have no intention to use them, unless of course they are required by the rules of the LTS or DM being played.

It's funny, if you watch the Pier Pressure II video preview I made a LONG time ago, I was getting tore up. I was just L2-R2-ing and waiting to get the kill like a monkey pressing a button for a banana. Since then, I have amassed such a list of excellent DM players in my friends list that I have encountered over the months that I got better by playing with them and other randoms every opportunity. It is a fun challenge to take on all-comers and see what the best you can do is. You inevitably get better, and without even realizing it your find you are at the top 3 of the majority of the DM's you participate in.

I wish I could remember who it was but a couple people relatively new to the crew joined one of my random rooms one night when it just so happened almost all by best non-XDBX DM friends were in the room and I was hosting my DM's and it was like walking into a buzzsaw. I thought, "great, they'll probably never accept another invite from me again" lol.

This helmet feature sucks. It is the DM version of "CATCH UP".......I will expect it to not be used in my rooms. Going to begin the Support Forum spam for a lobby option to disable them just like with catch up.

I'm certainly not going to be sitting at the start of a playlist messaging people telling them to put on or take off a helmet, 100% up to them.

If someone is wearing one I'll be putting one on.

yeah this is the problem, it simply isn't worth the hassle. As soon as someone puts one on, which there will always be someone, then everyone else is basically going to have no choice if they want to have any semblance of a level playing field.

I just hope there is enough backlash against this to get a lobby disable option patched in asap.

• Like 4

handcuff_charlie.jpg

It's funny, if you watch the Pier Pressure II video preview I made a LONG time ago, I was getting tore up. I was just L2-R2-ing and waiting to get the kill like a monkey pressing a button for a banana. Since then, I have amassed such a list of excellent DM players in my friends list that I have encountered over the months that I got better by playing with them and other randoms every opportunity. It is a fun challenge to take on all-comers and see what the best you can do is. You inevitably get better, and without even realizing it your find you are at the top 3 of the majority of the DM's you participate in.

I wish I could remember who it was but a couple people relatively new to the crew joined one of my random rooms one night when it just so happened almost all by best non-XDBX DM friends were in the room and I was hosting my DM's and it was like walking into a buzzsaw. I thought, "great, they'll probably never accept another invite from me again" lol.

This helmet feature sucks. It is the DM version of "CATCH UP".......I will expect it to not be used in my rooms. Going to begin the Support Forum spam for a lobby option to disable them just like with catch up.

yeah this is the problem, it simply isn't worth the hassle. As soon as someone puts one on, which there will always be someone, then everyone else is basically going to have no choice if they want to have any semblance of a level playing field.

I just hope there is enough backlash against this to get a lobby disable option patched in asap.

Can we also hound a lobby option of "Phone Services: Yes/No"?

I would very much welcome it as an option. I did NOT realize these things were that grossly overpowered until tonight. It's really bad.

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

The helmets aren't an issue for me, they are in the game and we had better accept it, no more can you get lag killed from absolutely nowhere or from behind good cover and it gives the less experienced players more of a chance.

Also it's a DLC item, I bought them all and I'm gonna use them, it's either that or your opponent will be using one for sure.

I like the LTS game mode, always did but too many people avoid it because you only get one life.

I liked it too, but it wasn't the lack of respawn that made it suck, it was the fact that it was only one round. LTS may become my mode of choice now that we can add rounds. This was basically the SOCOM game series on PS2/3 that were so much fun in online play....LTS's set to first to win 6 rounds

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I'm not a fan of the helmet, but it wasn't as devastating as I thought it would be when I was playing tonight. As long as I got the drop on the person it only took a couple extra headshots. At least in a large TDM there's enough going on that it didn't seem to break me. I was still finishing top 3 within the team and we won pretty strongly on one of them. I think there were a couple equipped with helmets on either team and it didn't seem to matter with melee and rocket/grenade attacks.

Also to add the multi round LTS was cool. The melee one was very interesting in particular.

Edited by Mr. Jag

Can we also hound a lobby option of "Phone Services: Yes/No"?

I would very much welcome it as an option. I did NOT realize these things were that grossly overpowered until tonight. It's really bad.

Which phone services? Lester? Apart from revealing dots, what else is the problem? I have to admit I never understood some players obsessions with it. it doesnt ever seem to sway the outcomes in all my game experience. Lesser players just get advance warning that their death is coming straight for them. What else are people using?

I didnt realize the mercenaries were not a glitch/bug. All this time I thought they weren't supposed to be in DM's. They always turn out to be little more than a nuisance for a few seconds by a player who is too far away to be a factor anyway.

Is the betting fixed? 

2 nights ago I actually received more money than I bet for the first time ever ($3500 payout on a $2500 bet).....it was always either $1000 or $1500 before that....no matter what the stated odds were.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Personally the Line of Sight system they have now is a huge annoyance, I never liked it. Revealing Players IMO just layers it in even further. I suppose if I wanted people to know where I was and me to know where they were, I'd stay in FR. It gets into what you mentioned about some semblance of a "level playing field". It's just a feature I do not like whatsoever.

All the others like Mercenaries I can deal with, those are humorous to me.

I've always been paid accordingly to what the odds are, that's weird. I never noticed a problem with it anyway. Maybe there is one. I'm so used to simply seeing the "+$1000" that maybe it is broken.

There seem to be some strong opinions here, lets give this a chance, and see how it plays out. In tonight's PL, the Helmet to No Helmet Ratio was about 50/50. We had some good matches.I didnt wear one, and yes I died alot. In all fairness, lets give it a chance.

My biggest concern with the BPH, is that they most certainly will not be allowed in H2H. I would hate to see XDBX lose its poise in DM's due to the fact that we are rusty on headshots. Just something to think about.

Dodgeservice.png

But if both side are wearing them then it goes back to being equal though. Without there being a turn off option as HC mentioned there will never be a 100% certain chance of no helmets in a H2H

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

But if both side are wearing them then it goes back to being equal though. Without there being a turn off option as HC mentioned there will never be a 100% certain chance of no helmets in a H2H

I have to disagree here. Most of the time it is decided before the match that there are no motorcycle helmets, and no Lester calls allowed. Im not sure which team is asking for it to be this way, but I see it on many of the H2H matches that we enter into. I cant imagine that all of a sudden BPH's will be any different. Ive been wrong before, I will be wrong again, I might be wrong now. Again, we will have to see how this plays out.

Coming soon to GTA Online...

Shredder_zpse56b2495.jpg

I will not be associated with "The Foot"

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

Personally the Line of Sight system they have now is a huge annoyance, I never liked it. Revealing Players IMO just layers it in even further. I suppose if I wanted people to know where I was and me to know where they were, I'd stay in FR. It gets into what you mentioned about some semblance of a "level playing field". It's just a feature I do not like whatsoever.

All the others like Mercenaries I can deal with, those are humorous to me.

I've always been paid accordingly to what the odds are, that's weird. I never noticed a problem with it anyway. Maybe there is one. I'm so used to simply seeing the "+$1000" that maybe it is broken.

Well when you have odds against you, you should get paid more than you wager, but this never happened to me until tuesday night. obviously when odds are in your favor you get paid less but the fac that it was always 1000 or 1500 means the odds were always in my favor either 2/5 or 3/5....and while I never kept track I am positive I have seen other odds listed for me than just those two numbers....yet that was the payout I always received when winning a 2500 wager.

You mean you dont like how the dot shows up when someone enters your field of view? I always thought this worked really well? If they poke out from behind cover they get revealed, if they make a noise it generates a visual "pulse" on the radar that reveals them briefly to anyone within the area that pulse reaches (best illustrated by running on metal like ship decks, catwalks, etc or shooting a silenced weapon vs unsilenced)....the part that bugged me was the respawn blip that revealed your location the moment you respawned for a couple seconds.

My biggest annoyance was trying to use the minimap to get a fix on someone who has revealed themselves with noise or momentarily poking out from behind cover and my map is for some reason zoomed out to an absurd level and wont return to a zoom level that it can actually be useful....that and the damn flashing BST/losing streak/kill streak screens. Maybe this is a more prevalent thing in H2H's? i just dont seem to run into too many people using Lester for reveal.

Plus aren't LTS's with full reveal the full duration? I dont understand why it shouldn't be set up like the DM's?

handcuff_charlie.jpg

The betting has always been this way, if the majority of cash is on you then the odds will be 2/5.

It may say you won 1K after the job but your stake will not leave your balance, so then you do win more than you staked.

Most of the time when you bet maximum, you'll be given 2/5 if there isn't a similar stake on another player.

Edited by DavidCore89

Well when you have odds against you, you should get paid more than you wager, but this never happened to me until tuesday night. obviously when odds are in your favor you get paid less but the fac that it was always 1000 or 1500 means the odds were always in my favor either 2/5 or 3/5....and while I never kept track I am positive I have seen other odds listed for me than just those two numbers....yet that was the payout I always received when winning a 2500 wager.

You mean you dont like how the dot shows up when someone enters your field of view? I always thought this worked really well? If they poke out from behind cover they get revealed, if they make a noise it generates a visual "pulse" on the radar that reveals them briefly to anyone within the area that pulse reaches (best illustrated by running on metal like ship decks, catwalks, etc or shooting a silenced weapon vs unsilenced)....the part that bugged me was the respawn blip that revealed your location the moment you respawned for a couple seconds.

My biggest annoyance was trying to use the minimap to get a fix on someone who has revealed themselves with noise or momentarily poking out from behind cover and my map is for some reason zoomed out to an absurd level and wont return to a zoom level that it can actually be useful....that and the damn flashing BST/losing streak/kill streak screens. Maybe this is a more prevalent thing in H2H's? i just dont seem to run into too many people using Lester for reveal.

Plus aren't LTS's with full reveal the full duration? I dont understand why it shouldn't be set up like the DM's?

Yeah guess they were busted then, didn't pay too much attention.

Right, no and I get that. But since it was "re-vamped" a few updates ago .. it's extremely easy to be "revealed". You could be pretty well tucked behind a corner and if your pinky toe is sticking out, the game knows it and notifies the other player. So long as even the most minuscule part of you is "visible" on the other player's screen (even if they don't know it) your location is shown on the mini-map. I don't ever remember it being this extreme. I could very well be wrong but it's overkill now.

So with that in mind, constantly seeing randoms use Lester on TOP of that easy mode feature just annoys me even further. Now what I honestly haven't noticed is what you're mentioning. The noises people make are never revealed to me. Not on the map, nothing. They can be running full speed on a cat walk and the only way I'll know they're coming is because I can hear it through my headset (obviously output from a TV isn't gonna produce that which is what I was so used to before getting a pair). Which is why I was always so perplexed at the "ripple" system. I'd see my blip changing "color" knowing I'd be making a noise, but it never showed jack for me if another player was doing it .. even now. The only things that do show are if they're firing excessively OR popped into my screen's view of them. I do notice though your clip sort of flashes when you're revealed to another player on their map - or I think it's supposed to.

Maybe to get them over quicker? I'm not sure. They are full reveal yeah, BUT, you can call Lester to hide your clip in that one. I think this also works the same way in regular DMs - keeping your blip from appearing on the mini-map. Not 100% sure on that one because I've never used it.

Edited by G37

Your dot has to fall within the "ripple" radius in order for the noisy player to be revealed. In a game with greater attention to detail you wouldn't hear it over the actual audio since it doesnt reveal the player to you, buuuut we aren't playing one of those games.

Pretty sure reveal players is the only Lester option available in DM's. Think I tried to hide my blip so I could go on a knife rampage and was deeply disappointed.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Seriously. I'm playing a TDM with forced combat only. The other team is all in bullet proof helmets. It takes 5 headshots to get them....crazy. Except for one guy whose not. He dies in one, maybe two. 

edit: ok...so here's what's wrong with these stupid helmets. In said combat pistol only battle, said other team with the helmets just ended up resorting to running straight at you and melee punching you because it took more shots to kill them then you could fire before they got there. Totally stupid. I'm a freakin' great shot...that shouldn't be doable. I died like a dozen times by someone just running straight at me, taking at least four shots to the head, then I (with full health and body armor) got pistol whipped and died. Absolutely stupid. 

Edited by BlackRabbit
  • Like 2

CDpIRad.jpg

That was what I was afraid to hear, Rabbit, and the reason why I so far haven't had any desire to load up the game and download the update. Pistol DM's (minus the ones with the overpowered AP) and close-quarter shotgun DM's are basically ruined now. My two favorite modes. Fantastic.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 3

I guarantee that the helmets and peoples opinions of them will suck the fun out of the game for us.

It's already made me not want to join or host a PL because there are so many bad feelings over it - the PL just won't be the same fun with negative comments being passed after each kill.

Some people will and already have started to pass judgement on others for using the helmet and if a host says they are not allowed then the host will be judged for trying to make the PL suit their own ability.

I for one can't be bothered with all that so I'll stick to random lobbies for now until the dust settles.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Helmets are the reason I didn't join last nights NL playlist. I am not going to pass judgement on anybody. If you want to wear a helmet great. If you don't great. I do not want to wear a helmet so I will avoid DM/TDM, LTS or any playlist that has them in jobs.

The reasoning I am going to avoid is because I choose to put myself at a disadvantage (not anyone's fault but my own).

Not joining what you are weak at is not going against any crew policies that I am aware of. I will stay a mission grinder and racer until I deside to put myself on equal footing with those that do.