v1.17 notes

DeaD_GooN

+1 Rabbit. Last night's shotgun DM in the maze I got more kills going after people with a knife than using the shotgun. And I'm worse at melee kills than shooting.

I really dislike the BP helmets for two reasons.

One, I'm forced to get one and wear it in order to level the playing field with others who wear it. I'm a weak DM player and am trying to get better and learn but I just can't put myself at that kind of disadvantage.

Two, it ruins the aesthetics of the game. Why even bother making Little Beez look a certain way when he always has to wear that stupid looking helmet.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G37

• handcuff_charlie

• Jaggy

• DavidCore89

I don't really care for the BPH for aesthetic reasons. I prefer not to use it, but I will still join deathmatches with the crew and most likely get owned. And that doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is that it is clearly breaking the spirit of the game. In deathmatches last night, it was obvious those with helmets had a clear advantage. But the BPH is no match to an auto shotgun to the chest. It seems to me that the BPH should be a losing streak perk.

• Like 3

Has anyone notice that when you hover over a players blip on the map it tells you how many metres they are away.  Don't see the point of that really.

Has anyone notice that when you hover over a players blip on the map it tells you how many metres they are away.  Don't see the point of that really.

Yeah.  It was kind of silly to add that.

I do like that you can now see how many players are in your lobby when you check the players list without going through the pause menu.  It's easier to see how full your lobby is if you're trying to get some friends in the room.

I for one, won't be wearing one when playing with the crew. As for public DMs, I go in without wearing one, check to see what others are doing and adjust accordingly.

It looks stupid. I don't even like looking at it in my profile picture in my current signature (signed out before removing after playing against above crew I mentioned). 

Edited by BlackRabbit

CDpIRad.jpg

That was what I was afraid to hear, Rabbit, and the reason why I so far haven't had any desire to load up the game and download the update. Pistol DM's (minus the ones with the overpowered AP) and close-quarter shotgun DM's are basically ruined now. My two favorite modes. Fantastic.

Ditto....I'm in no rush to log in and download this update. It appears the only "pluses" from my standpoint are the additional rounds for captures and the raised bet minimum.

It seems to me that the BPH should be a losing streak perk.

Excellent idea

I guarantee that the helmets and peoples opinions of them will suck the fun out of the game for us.

It's already made me not want to join or host a PL because there are so many bad feelings over it - the PL just won't be the same fun with negative comments being passed after each kill.

Some people will and already have started to pass judgement on others for using the helmet and if a host says they are not allowed then the host will be judged for trying to make the PL suit their own ability.

I for one can't be bothered with all that so I'll stick to random lobbies for now until the dust settles.

They didn't need to do this. They could have just shrunk the effective "head zone" on players so that it was harder to score headshots. It blows my mind how little thought is put into so much in this game. 

But pre-sales are going to be big for the PS4 release, so why should they do anything differently if that's the message they are getting?

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I don't really care about these issues with the BPH. I'll still join deathmatches and shoot who i have to. With or without BPH.

I agree that it doesn't make sense but, fuck that, that little issue will not ruin my experience!

But as Dead_Goon said, it should be used as a losing streak! That would make more sense.

It seems to me that the BPH should be a losing streak perk.

This^^

Let's petition R*!

(Very little point I know 'cos it don't affect their lovely piles of money.)

HC is right, if we want change we have to contact them directly. Maybe it's time to hit up the Support pages or e-mail them.

It's a feature I absolutely hate. It alters the flow of a DM and makes it incredibly awkward. It's such a half assed idea that was implemented in an even worse way.

However, like the Sanchez in the Off-raod segment, like being able to call Lester, like being able to purchase body armor, like being able to add a spoiler - these are all intended game mechanics at this time until a change is made. We may frown upon people that do it (when we really shouldn't because we can too - it's merely going against whatever set of principles we have established) however, whether we like it or not it's something that is available to everyone and here to stay. And we have to accept that.

I will still participate in crew things and the way I see it is I have 2 options:

1) Rise to a challenge where players are clearly disadvantaged who don't use it against those who do (very much so)

2) Conform: everyone can use it even if it zaps a degree of fun and personalization out of the game by making people look the same.

I'm more interested in the former of the two. Its not necessarily something we can police. If I note I'm in a room full of people with it on, well, I may as well join the party. If I notice there's very few to none at all, well, this beautiful faux-hawk is gonna shine.

Edited by G37
  • Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I guarantee that the helmets and peoples opinions of them will suck the fun out of the game for us.

It's already made me not want to join or host a PL because there are so many bad feelings over it - the PL just won't be the same fun with negative comments being passed after each kill.

Some people will and already have started to pass judgement on others for using the helmet and if a host says they are not allowed then the host will be judged for trying to make the PL suit their own ability.

I for one can't be bothered with all that so I'll stick to random lobbies for now until the dust settles.

I was wearing a helmet last night in the playlist, but I didn't hear any negative comments about it. Then again, I can only hear the very loud talkers of the crew. The rest of it gets mixed in with the game sounds. If most of the crew are against it, I'll take it off for them, but I have no problem with helmets.

• Like 1

I fucking love the Marksman rifle. BEST. GUN. EVER.

This topic is about the update right?

Back on topic??? The helmet is a nice addition for missions perhaps but i think we, as a crew, should seriously just not use it against each other. I won't use it and i FUCKING SUCK!!!!

• Like 1

The marksmen rifle is pretty cool, but I haven't been able to use it to its full potential yet.  Usually just whip it out to shoot a few NPC's.  Never tried it on actual players in free roam or in missions.

It's taking some getting used to, it's basically free aim after all but i used it in some missions earlier and found it great fun :)

Although i do end up getting wasted by the npc's and the stupid accuracy they got, bastards :(

The thing I really like about the Marksman's Rifle is that you can walk & aim with it.  Range is somewhat shy of the regular sniper rifle though.

• Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

idk if any has said or mentioned this bc there is 4 pages to this topic when i got here and i haven't read everything lol

i'm both for and against the BPH

+i like that melee weapons get bit of a boost in usefulness as u gain bullet resistance

-taking away from the originality of ur character as everyone will start to look the same

-how exactly are these helmets blocking faceshots?

=i think the BPH should work more like the armour, picked up in the same pickup as armour and buyable b4 jobs but gone once used up until picked up again

=hideable like armour, but showing a secondary health bar that shows ur armoured, as ppl wear vests that are hidden and its no big deal

all i can think of on the helmet at this time

as for the marksman rifle, i don't see a big usefulness unless playing in free-aim. i do like that u can walk around while half scoped in but against opponents with auto-aim ur disadvantaged

• Like 1

I've used the Marksman as a pickup in the LTS event.

It's not bad, I got a few kills with it but nothing special.

Does it have any zoom when a scope is added?

So what does the scope do?

Add a bit more range or nothing?

It's sort of like a lesser ranged Sniper rifle with some mobility (think moving around in "stealth mode") while still having the scope out.

I'm no marksmen, so while it's neat, I could never put this rifle to any kind of practical use.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

not much lol other than it's immediate zoom effect but like I said the advantage is if you're quick on the finger you can still kill fast with it .. used it in rockstar playlist today and worked awesome