• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G37

• handcuff_charlie

• Jaggy

• DavidCore89

This is why I like this thread, all of the shit they changed and don't tell us about. It's pretty intensive:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/740298-ok-what-has-117-changed/page-7

TWO big ones.

1) The infamous and IMO very much dreaded rumor of the Hydra coming into GTAO seems legitimate: It's an option in the creator. Apparently. Haven't looked.

2) ALL INTERIOR DMS are now banned. Can't make them. You cannot place anything inside them anymore. Now if this means existing jobs have been banned, I'm not sure. This is a silly glitch to fix IMO.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

This is why I like this thread, all of the shit they changed and don't tell us about. It's pretty intensive:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/740298-ok-what-has-117-changed/page-7

TWO big ones.

1) The infamous and IMO very much dreaded rumor of the Hydra coming into GTAO seems legitimate: It's an option in the creator. Apparently. Haven't looked.

2) ALL INTERIOR DMS are now banned. Can't make them. You cannot place anything inside them anymore. Now if this means existing jobs have been banned, I'm not sure. This is a silly glitch to fix IMO.

Cool, I hate the indoor DM's such as Franklins House.

• Like 2

Interior as in 'use 1st person view in creator in legitimate places' or interior as in 'glitching in places like FIB building, hospital, etc...'?

Interior. Like glitching into buildings. Like FIB.

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I keep spawning in random parts of the map, I have it set to garage and it was spawning me in my apartment for a bit and now it's just wherever it wants  :(

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

It's sort of like a lesser ranged Sniper rifle with some mobility (think moving around in "stealth mode") while still having the scope out.

I'm no marksmen, so while it's neat, I could never put this rifle to any kind of practical use.

I don't know that it would be much use to me either. I bought it but haven't tried it yet. It definitely isn't a close quarters weapon and without a zoom on the scope, it won't be great for long distance shots. Roof to ground shots maybe, but at those distances the aiming systems(auto-aim) for most weapons still work.

does this include the IAA building, the one way up the building with the one mission involving all 3 men in storymode to get a guy out of interrogation. i had just made a close knife fight in there lol. i don't see how this is a glitch, u don't do anything special to get in there.

i don't understand y we can't just make our creations wherever we want, like the airport and whatnot "restricted areas", or even in buildings that actually have an interior made, whats so bad about it. ppl only glitch in there bc it's a legit area that isn't immediately available, if the doors were opened and we could just walk in it wouldn't be anything special anymore, just like glitching in storymode only cars like trevors blazer, ppl with full garages of them thinking they're cool are nothing now bc u can just buy it now lol..

For all the new broken shit the one I find to be the biggest hit to me is my bookmarks are broken, even deleting them and readding doesn't give me access but to about 10 things total.

I am thinking they will put another DLC out right before Halloween though, hopefully there will be a fix in that.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm honestly not surprised they (for the time being anyway) banned these types of creations. 

I do wonder what kind of fall out there would be if they corrected all the prop splicing/stacking/glitching in creations as well. I wouldn't be an advocate of it but I can count a raise of hands that a significant portion of creators would .. be .. fucked.

I suppose there is a benefit to "playing by the rules" so to speak. Not saying they'd ever do this, but if they did .. oh boy, that'll be something interesting.

I'm honestly not surprised they (for the time being anyway) banned these types of creations. 

I do wonder what kind of fall out there would be if they corrected all the prop splicing/stacking/glitching in creations as well. I wouldn't be an advocate of it but I can count a raise of hands that a significant portion of creators would .. be .. fucked.

I suppose there is a benefit to "playing by the rules" so to speak. Not saying they'd ever do this, but if they did .. oh boy, that'll be something interesting.

I wouldnt mind at all if they did. About 90% of tracks would be gone though. All those "rampzillas" etc :lol:

• Like 3

Can't forget those shitty "Fight Club in Heaven"s and other horribly stacked cluster fucks of a DM either :lol:

• Like 3

For all the new broken shit the one I find to be the biggest hit to me is my bookmarks are broken, even deleting them and readding doesn't give me access but to about 10 things total.

I am thinking they will put another DLC out right before Halloween though, hopefully there will be a fix in that.

Mine were broken last night; I could only see the first page, and it wouldn't allow me to scroll to the next one.

I'm all for freedom of expression and what have you, but personally, my feelings wouldn't be that hurt if they nixed all of those stupid sky map TDMs that people seem to be so obsessed with in the creator crews.  I'm also sick of those god-awful FIB building TDMs with RPGs, but personally, I don't see any harm in allowing placement in any interior or restricted area.  For example, I'd love to make something at both the airport and Fort Zancudo.  It seems a little overkill on the part of R*, but there isn't much that can be done about it, and I can't see them rushing to make any changes.

I wouldnt mind at all if they did. About 90% of tracks would be gone though. All those "rampzillas" etc :lol:

Ugh, don't even get me started on those.  They make me want to pull my hair out. :P

The $9,000,000/350,000 RP death matches need to be gone and I'll be happy forever.

All I can say is: AMEN!

LN, I thought you loved the floating crazy fortress DM on the water. lol

Haha, I had almost forgotten about that one.  I wanted to put my fist through the TV set. :P

• Like 2

i don't see y we aren't allowed to stack props, seems dum to me that we aren't allowed. i don't however approve of floating objects. i'd like it if they let us stack props but when we delete a prop that's under another one, it should either delete anything that is stacked ontop of it, or drop everything ontop of it to the ground.

EDIT: also the stacked props should be proportionate and physics applying, not free standing off the corner of something

Edited by Onrefne

Well, got mine on, how do I look?

Played a few DM's last night to make sure some of mine didn't get blocked out by R* patch bugs, and of course half the people in the room had them, so I had no choice. 

Most of them weren't very good players at all, but I had a couple of rooms with very experienced DM players who could headshot and it was a must.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

-how exactly are these helmets blocking faceshots?

The game programming never differentiated between zones on the head, that would be way too complex. I'm actually surprised so many people actually thought this mattered.

Wait, all the floating containers in the sky creations got banned???

Please tell me this is true. It may affect two of my creations which would be a bummer, but it would be worth it to see the mass rage at GCCC. 90% of their crap would be banned and maybe only two members would be left who actually create stuff that isn't juvenile nonsense.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I always hated the floating stuff and is the #1 reason I don't join random races or DM's

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yeah....don't see why you can't put stuff in train tunnels or sewers. Odd choice by R*...but, whatever. Maybe it was breaking something or causing disconnects or something that we'll never know. The stacking/floating objects can get out of hand but can also be well used. Since you have a limit on the number of items you can have, if you want to stack some boxes to allow people to get on a roof, it was nice you could remove the lower ones. My lighthouse capture wouldn't be possible at all if I wasn't able to remove crates and leave them floating. 

CDpIRad.jpg

So they didn't exactly block the content per se, they just restricted any further changing of ones that already exist? Am I understanding that right?

Because I wouldn't exactly call yours an "interior", one in which you have to literally glitch yourself into in the creator to start work on. Then again, I haven't played it.