• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

• JuniorChubb

• zmurko

1 hour ago, zmurko said:

Who let the dogs out!?... :D

About time for some real action, very good episode.
I thought Khaleesi and Yara were about to make out, but it only ended with a handshake. <_<

I thought the same thing :lol:

There can be only Wun

One thing baffles me about this episode. Even though the last minute charge by the Knights of the Vale was as predictable as sunrise how did they get past Moat Calin?

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Team_Bub_8487 said:

I love the seasonal BFB* episode

*Big F%ckin' Battle

It's either shocking twist or epic battle for ep 9.

Season 1 Ned lost his head

Season 2 Battle of Blackwater

Season 3 Red Wedding

Season 4 Battle of Castle Black

Season 5 Burning of Shireen

Season 6 Battle of the Bastards

For the final two seasons this pattern is going to change though as there won't be an episode 9 in either of them. 

• Like 1

I'm just a massive Thrones geek.

Whose got the power to stop Dany though, she is getting quite the army now.

She has one of the finest divisions of foot soldiers. In major pitched battles, discipline is everything.

She has all the Dothraki as her cavalry plus potentially the Dornish cavalry. She is weak in heavy cavalry though.

With the Iron fleet and the Masters ships she's got the most powerful navy now. 

She has the only air force in the land so she has clear air superiority. 

Westeros is going to have to bring the wall down to have half a chance against her!

• Like 1

I reckon the Dothraki may prove a problem though - their love of pillaging doesn't really fit with her humanitarian spirit!

E2A: Same potential problem with Iron Islanders too

Edited by Team_Bub_8487

u0rf6Cd.jpg

10 hours ago, Squirrel said:

One thing baffles me about this episode. Even though the last minute charge by the Knights of the Vale was as predictable as sunrise how did they get past Moat Calin?

They just went around it ? It's just a small ruined hill.

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

They just went around it ? It's just a small ruined hill.

Far from it. Think of it like the hot gates from 300. It can be very well defended with just a handful of men. It's never been taken when attacked from the south. It's basically a trio of three towers which guard a causeway through the mudflats of the neck. There's no way around. 

Only the Ramsey trickery using Theon meant the Bolton army could pass and that was from the north. The whole Bolton army was stopped by a handful of ill and dying Ironborn

heres an hour long version of jon snow punching ramsay's face :

and just in answer to who is going to stop Danaerys from claiming the throne.. white walkers! i think the politics and fight for the iron throne will all fall away when the walkers and the long winter descend! can't wait to see dani sit on the iron throne ( if there  is any of kings landing left after Cersei wrecks havok next week!)

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Far from it. Think of it like the hot gates from 300. It can be very well defended with just a handful of men. It's never been taken when attacked from the south. It's basically a trio of three towers which guard a causeway through the mudflats of the neck. There's no way around. 

Only the Ramsey trickery using Theon meant the Bolton army could pass and that was from the north. The whole Bolton army was stopped by a handful of ill and dying Ironborn

Last we heard of it, it had been taken by Ramsay from the Ironborn.

But by taking Winterfell, maybe he moved all his forces there and left only a few men in Moat Cailin. Then it would have been fairly easy for the knights of the Vale to take it.

2 minutes ago, Pen0sIRE said:

and just in answer to who is going to stop Danaerys from claiming the throne.. white walkers! i think the politics and fight for the iron throne will all fall away when the walkers and the long winter descend! can't wait to see dani sit on the iron throne ( if there  is any of kings landing left after Cersei wrecks havok next week!)

On the contrary ! I'm sure the politics will be the downfall of men and the Walkers will rule the world !

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Last we heard of it, it had been taken by Ramsay from the Ironborn.

But by taking Winterfell, maybe he moved all his forces there and left only a few men in Moat Cailin. Then it would have been fairly easy for the knights of the Vale to take it.!

Precisely my point. Ramsey knows the importance of the castle and would have made sure it was manned. You don't need many men. I think the book states about 20 archers could hold it very easily. 

Just another plot hole that won't be filled. 

Just now, Squirrel said:

Precisely my point. Ramsey knows the importance of the castle and would have made sure it was manned. You don't need many men. I think the book states about 20 archers could hold it very easily. 

Or they just went around it :P

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

theres been a few, the teleporting around Westeros has been some of the worst for me. its been so bad that i expected Brienne to have magically appeared at winterfell for this battle

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

You don't get the same passage of time in the series though. In the books months can pass between chapters while in the series it seems like the next day

Good? Was fucking epic. Takes a lot for me to be blown away. 

I knew most of what happened was coming but the way they told it stunned me. 

The good news is that there's two seasons left although I don't think anyone will be left by the end of it

• Like 1

Great finale, one of the best I've ever seen. They seemed to wrap up all the story lines from the season into one big awesome cinematic feat. 

Since I never read the books alot of this was not stuff I was prepared to handle even though I had heard it as internet spoilers and rumors. But still though Tommen jumping out the window was the best Hahaha

I want that on a T shirt :D

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.