• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

• JuniorChubb

• zmurko

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really? Come on, whose bright idea was it to put the fat ginger singer in. Very disappointed in Ayra for not taking his head off. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Really? Come on, whose bright idea was it to put the fat ginger singer in. Very disappointed in Ayra for not taking his head off. 

Agreed. Missed opportunity there. 

Loved the beginning of the episode when I figured out that that Walder Frey scene wasn't a flashback :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a breather episode this week which was nice. So far this season does feel less intricate and a lot less subtle but I kind of feel like it has earned it. We know it can do intreage, we know it can do character drama, and we know it can do shocking twists. I don't think it should have to try and dress Ice Zombies vs Fire Dragons as anything other than a brash explosion of awesome. I am plenty happy with this season simply being an express train there!

• Like 1

Definitely needed a rest after the crazy dragon attack last week. 

How awesome does the group going north of the wall look? 

Talk about a modern day version of the Magnificent Seven. 

Apparently next weeks episode has already been released accidentally by HBO. I'll be looking out for a link somewhere as spoilers will be all over the internet before the day is out. 

The spoilers are rampant on facebook and youtube.  You don't even have to be looking at game of thrones content.  Spoilers popping up everywhere.  And apparently this episode is shocking and if you see some of the spoilers it will totally ruin it.  I have safely downloaded what appears to be a clear, good quality download (I watched the first two minutes).  If anyone wants the download link I can PM them.  I can't take a chance and wait till Sunday.  Some people on reddit that say they have been spoiled are saying it totally ruins the next TWO episodes if you see one of these spoilers.  Avoid the internet if you can.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Ah boo spoilers are a pain in the bum and the whole reason I can't just wait for the end of the season to watch it all at once which is how I prefer to watch stuff.

There will be only two more extended episodes in this season and six episode in the upcoming season 8, hopefully season 8 will also have extended episodes. @pete_95973 you also have to avoid people that watches it, and pretend as if you don't know anything about Game of Thrones. I normally binge watch whatever series I'm into but there is nothing out right now that interests me, so I watch episode to episode.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Season 8 all rumoured to be feature length episodes. 

What are everyone's thoughts on the final end game?

Will the good guys win or will GRRM decide that humanity can't stop the white walkers and life on Westeros ceases to be?

GRRM is known for breaking the rules of TV, do the good guys have to win? To back this up all the rumoured spin off series are all centred around the Ice and Fire histories, the good guys losing doesn't mean the end of the GoT world as there is a lot of other stories to tell from the past. 

I'm assuming that they have been wiped out North of the Wall. The night king has been busy doing something up there for all this time.

All depends if they still exist South of the wall. Isle of faces seems like one place plus there's a few references to surviving CotF around the Riverlands in the book

While playing the game, Game of Thrones episode 7 there is an area called the Hidden Grove north of the wall where Lord Gregory children who are his bastard  have the ability to warg. They also controlled a bear like in the previous episode, I was wondering if there's any mention of this ''Hidden Grove' at all in the books or is it just the writers being liberal with the game? It took a secret map to get there.

Edited by Smurf

Don't remember anything from the main books but it could be something in the stories from the World of Ice and Fire. 

No more spoiler warnings, if you haven't seen the episode by now then "Shame bong Shame etc"

IMG_1824.JPG.2a427a504323d1055af4164306a50df8.JPG

• Haha 2

If he had made his second shot then he may have deserved the medal but it was pitifully short of the target.

I'm surprised Gendry didn't pick one up for rowing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The question that keeps lingering in my mind ever since I watched the latest episode, is:

Where the hell did the wights get the long-ass chains to pull the dragon's body out of the frozen lake and how and where did they attach the chains to the body? They can swim and perform delicate procedures under water?

Am I the only fool asking this sort of question? :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

The question that keeps lingering in my mind ever since I watched the latest episode, is:

Reveal hidden contents

Where the hell did the wights get the long-ass chains to pull the dragon's body out of the frozen lake and how and where did they attach the chains to the body? They can swim and perform delicate procedures under water?

Am I the only fool asking this sort of question? :lol:

There's a couple of theories about this.

The logical answer is that they're not far from hardholme which had docks so they could have nipped back for the chains. We don't know how much time has passed since the dragon went under and when they pulled it out. 

The other more interesting theory is that the Night King also has the gift of foresight and knew the dragons would be coming. He set a trap for them, why else did only 1 wight survive the convenient little group separate to the main body of the dead. Why else would they be armed with the ice spears that we haven't seen before. If he had seen the future and known the dragon would crash into the lake then he would have known he would need some chains to pull them out. 

This all ties in with my end game theory that the Night King is gonna kick some ass and we're all doomed until Tormund and Brienne breed their little monsters who will take over the world. 

• Like 1

The last episode generally went exactly as I predicted except for uncle, Benji.

I hope the white walking dragon can breath fire and ice to melt that Enchanted High wall so the white walkers can pass.

I hope the Night King takes the dragon and fly over the whole of Westeros

Edited by Smurf