Destiny Interview - What A Jerk

LimeGreenLegend

Creative director of Destiny gives the worlds most arrogant interview and says "fuck you" to everyone who plays this game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

I was going to re-buy this game just to play with you fine people, but after reading that interview I think I'll save my money.

• Like 1

Apparently deej has said veteran year 1 players will get something better. We'll find out what that is exactly in the weekly update.

But yeah this guy sounds like a prick.

The price of that shit is unreal, that's without purchasing the game and a PSN subscription  : DIZZY :

These guys make R* seem very generous with their free updates...

Paid/forced DLC like this does nothing but separate gamers as those that don't purchase the DLC can't join their friends that did buy it. I think it's a better idea that if a DLC has the potential to separate gamers then it should be free.

Too many games almost force players to buy their overpriced DLC for that reason above. I like to be able to use DLC items and still play with players that haven't bought it - therefore it isn't forced.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

When I was at Walmart last night, they had Destiny selling for $30 on PS4.  :lol:

I was kind of thinking, well, it's only $30 and maybe I'll buy it and see what the crew is up to over there.  Forget about it now.

• Like 1

That and most of the DLC of the passed 2 updates was already in the game files just closed off they just wanted the money!

The game doesn't even have a full story as the DLC seems to carry it on. I prefer it when they flesh out a character or provide a side route not carry on telling the story that should have been included in the game :/

I was considering going back to it even brought my disc back from Cardiff.... having second thoughts now :(

• Like 1

I just don't see how people can justify spending that much money on DLC's.  I'd pay a few dollars for a DLC in my favorite games, but to basically pay the price that another game would cost me?  No thanks.  They are charging so much because they know the hardcore fans of that game will continue to pay for it.

• Like 1

This is the future of gaming. Arkham knight is shipping out pretty much incomplete except to those who spent the $80 for the bullshit edition. And yeah destiny is charging $40 for a dlc that should probably cost only $10 but people are still going to buy it. So people can bitch and complain all they want but the reality is since people continue buying these companies are going to keep doing it. And let's get real, bungie is not the first nor the last video company to fuck with its customers. EA anyone?

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

For the price they have on it then it better be good.

If the DLC is big and good it may be the better way to go rather than create say Destiny 2, from a business stand point get all you can get from your current product.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The way they "explained" it (in a half ass way) is that this an attempt to reinvigorate the Destiny community by both bringing in returning and new players. Alot of us bought GTA5 two times. Is that any better than buying a dlc? The Destiny servers are not as broken as R* and it seems like the more updates we get the more broken the game becomes.

• Like 2

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

The Destiny servers are not as broken as R* and it seems like the more updates we get the more broken the game becomes.

To be fair to R* though, Destiny isn't as "grand" of a game as GTA. GTA has alot of shit packed in it. But if R* is gonna sell this game and keep some reputation going into the next GTA version they need to get this shit together. I give R* credit for the free DLC's, but I would happily cough up a bit if it meant have good servers.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

GTA, when it released on current gen consoles, didn't lock some content out as part of a collectors edition and expect people to pay twice the price of the original game just to get it. Plus all their content has been free (so far)

My main problem is with the guys attitude. Its like someone from R* making a public statement along the lines of "we know our servers are shit but you're gonna wait in the clouds anyway so why fix it? Fuck you give us money".

Bet he had a great reception when getting into Bungie HQ the next morning.

• Like 2

Bungie are douches. Up here in the great white north, it's still 70 $ for an incomplete game when the same game with all 3 dlc's will sell for 80 $  on sept.15th ? GTFO.

45 $ for the Taken King or Arkham Knight Season Pass ? No thanks con artists.

Edited by FragTrap666
  • Like 1

You have to remember the "Collector's Edition" for the taken king on PS Store includes both Destiny(The Game), Both of the first DLC's and the upcoming "The Taken King"

I'll just be buying the expansion seperately cause I already own the Collector's Edition of the original Destiny.

b2ExQd1.png

Not defending either company but unfortunately this is how the gaming industry is nowadays, most triple AAA titles have needed some sort of patch or fix after release, look at Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3 or the PC version of Arkham Knight.

People say we should vote with our wallets and stop buying and pre-ordering stuff but I guarantee as soon as R* release a trailer for GTA 6 a load of people will go out and pre-order it!  (I will most definitely be one of them!)

As for Destiny I got my copy with my PS4 so so far I've only spent £35 which is what I'd normally spend on a game anyway.  I think The Taken King is supposed to be more like a sequel it just needs the vanilla game to play it but that being said it is expensive for a DLC.  Ironically the only company, IMHO, that has done DLC right was R* with the two add-ons for GTA 4.  New characters, vehicles, activities, etc. for 20 quid was perfect and just as well made as the game they expanded upon.

• Like 1

As for Destiny I got my copy with my PS4 so so far I've only spent £35 which is what I'd normally spend on a game anyway.  I think The Taken King is supposed to be more like a sequel it just needs the vanilla game to play it but that being said it is expensive for a DLC.  Ironically the only company, IMHO, that has done DLC right was R* with the two add-ons for GTA 4.  New characters, vehicles, activities, etc. for 20 quid was perfect and just as well made as the game they expanded upon.

Agreed. And they did it right again for RDR with the $9.99 Undead Nightmare expansion.

I always think of it in $$$ per hour of entertainment. In that light, video games are very cheap entertainment.

• Like 4

Hmm. Is that you Johan de Nysschen?

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines