4 laps of the track = 1 race lap

This time we're going indoors !

Non-contact !

Didn't want to make another one, but I needed to keep the kids happy :D

Video (1 lap)

Edited by ronin
  • Like 5

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

It took a couple of hours indeed, but it was surprisingly manageable. Once you get the hang of it and know how to position your car to place the props, it's fairly straight forward.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Love it haha, done two laps and fastest is 2:44 now. 1 small thing: you can finish on the right side, just before you take the last hairpin, you hit the side of the finish point there

Edited by Jesse

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. Would have liked your posts, but once again I exceeded the like quota for today :)

Jesse, the issue with the finish line should now be sorted.  I made the starting grid wider. Due to lack of props this means that the penultimate corner when coming out of the garage is tighter now.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Hey Ronin, have u ever thought about having a Karting Cup event with all your Bifta races?

These races are so fun an event like that would kill.

• Like 2

Wow, this is very well made.

The Bifta makes such a nice sound through the parking garage.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks quite a challenge!

Not yet Seymor, but if I continue to create them at this rate, there'll be enough to fill up a PL :D In fact, I just started working on number 4 as we speak ...

I must admit I am not too keen on hosting a PL myself as I don't have a good insight in how these hosting mechanics work. It's just not my kinda thing ... Would actually prefer that someone more experienced in this matter would host it, but obviously I will help out with the topics and race creations.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Ronin these races are awesome with the first one coming out as the slightly better, but i love all 3 .. Keep em' coming in the future.. But don't strain yourself :) I'll probably be posting my best times on these tracks, i think Jesse and others will too just for fun and competition, if anyone beats my time at the first track you made though, i'll be amazed, and i'd have something to do :)

• Like 1

b2ExQd1.png

Not yet Seymor, but if I continue to create them at this rate, there'll be enough to fill up a PL :D In fact, I just started working on number 4 as we speak ...

I must admit I am not too keen on hosting a PL myself as I don't have a good insight in how these hosting mechanics work. It's just not my kinda thing ... Would actually prefer that someone more experienced in this matter would host it, but obviously I will help out with the topics and race creations.

I would love to host them all in a PL :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ronin...ran these all Tuesday evening...fun, but more CPs are needed IMO since some arrows point in the opposite direction of where you need to go...or just put in the job description where you need to go...I think #4 is my favorite out of them all, one of the parking garage ones.

I appreciate the time and effort you took with these.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback and running them in the PL Seymor ! Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate due to the time.

On these tracks it is not possible to add more CP's, especially the two indoor tracks.  The reason is that the surface is very small and one needs to cover the minimum distance of 0.62 miles.  The only way to get to that distance is to place the CP's in a sort of star shape or zig zag pattern depending on the track shape. There also needs to be some space between the CP's, i.e. you cannot put several CP's in the exact same spot.  Track 3.0 for example (Roof + indoor) took less then one hour to completely build, the CP setting took me another 1.5 hour.

I should indeed put a note in the description. Will change that next time I'm in the creator.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg